We love flicking through interior design magazines…
We can plan how we would redesign our kitchens and homes in funky new ways. These days there are so many important factors to consider including choosing a floor that is good for the environment. Check out five of our favourites.
- It lasts a long time
- Bamboo flooring also comes in a variety of colours
- It is good for the environment as it has a faster rate of re-growth than traditional wood.
- Growers do not use pesticides or fertilizers that pollute.
Sisal and Seagrass Floor Coverings
- Tough and durable
- Sea grass not only assists in the creation of eco-systems, but also stabilizes the seabed, protects against coastal erosion, and is very adaptable to changes in its surroundings.
- Useful features include it being sound-absorbing and anti-static.
- No pesticides or chemical fertilizers are used in the growing process.
- It is a renewable green flooring.
- Has a biodegradable and insulating properties.
- Helps retain heat and increase cooling effectiveness.
- It’s tough yet flexible and resilient, soft underfoot, and easy to dye.
- As it very resilient it looks good for longer
We could write pages of why we love wool carpet : )
- Easy to clean
- Made up of renewable and natural resources
- Made from materials like linseed oil and wood flour etc.
- Long-lasting and biodegradable
- Easily installed by our professional fitters
Forest Stewardship Council Certified Wood
Any wood that comes with this certification comes with a guarantee that the products:
- Come from sustainable resources.
- Have an eco-friendly approach to harvesting the wood.
- They replant harvested trees
- Protect the environment
- Do not add pollutants to the area
If you’d like to see some samples Rivendell Carpets and Flooring have a wide selection for you to choose from, and what’s even better is it that we’ll bring them to your home so you can be sure it’ll match your new furnishings.
Give Rivendell Carpets a call on 01179 637979!